I received these tights from ItSocks in size 5 (extra large) and in the color bronze. This is described as a sheer style, with an ample percentage of Lycra for good stretch.
The tights come in a nice looking traditional card stock envelope with large photo on front and basic details on back. The tights are tucked inside a clear cellophane sleeve, wrapped around a smooth card stock support. The construction and material appears to be very good quality.
These tights are made of 87% nylon and 13% Lycra microfiber. Although it’s not Lycra 3D, it stretches really well. Although the package says the material appearance is 40 denier, my impression is that the legs are closer to 25 denier, a soft matte material looking very much like pantyhose (sheer tights) and about as delicate.
The boxer style brief has about average height with a much denser appearance than the leg, closer to 50 denier, and provides light support. The waistband is very soft and light, and fits reasonably snug. It will roll over if you’ve got a little extra weight above, but it doesn’t dig in at all. The XL size has a back comfort panel, which does indeed make for a less constricted fit for the male wearer. The seams are not flat, but they’re quite thin so you really don’t feel them.
The Laura style comes in 4 sizes: 2, 3, 4, and 5. Size 5 (XL) fit me just fine, with just a little extra stretching. They settled on pretty well and seemed to hold in place over the course of a day.
These wore very comfortably, although a bit more sheer than my preference. I’m not accustomed to wearing tights/pantyhose this thin, and perhaps that encouraged a few fabric scars to occur (very tiny lines in reaction to snags, but don’t turn into holes or runs). I haven’t created any holes, but I do feel like these tights are fragile. The soft matte finish provided reasonably good trouser glide.
- Fabric – a microfiber blend of 87% polyamide and 13% elastane.
- Sizing – 2) small (up to 165cm, 70kg), 3) medium (up to 175cm, 80kg), 4) tall (up to 185cm, 85kg), and 5) extra tall (185cm, up to 95kg).
- Opacity (0 – invisible, 10 – total opaque) – 3 standing, 2 when bending.
- Durability (0 – frail, 10 – like steel) – 3
- Waistband – 3cm width, thin material, and very soft.
- Support – light support in the brief.
- Reinforcement – reinforced toes with rounded seams, standard brief seams.
- Features – back comfort panel for size 5, cotton gusset for size 4 and below.
- Colors – There appear to be plenty of Earth tone colors available, varying by vendor. At ItSocks, black, beige, and bronze are offered.
According to Anna at ItSocks, this is a very popular style. For light denier sheer tights with light brief support and reinforced toes, these are very competitively priced. As of this writing, you can buy them at ItSocks for just £3.50.